Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Story

One thing common about everyones life is that its full of incidents. Incidents happen and leave thier impression on peoples life. Often we find ourselves saying “This was not supposed to happen to me” or “May be it was meant to be that way”. A cobbler becomes a rich merchant or on the flip side a rich man looses everything that he earned. These are big incidents that leave there lasting impression on ones life. There are other small incidents too like “a person forgetting his wallet” or a “programmer finding a solution for his problem in google”. These small incidents occur more frequently and leave their effect for a short period. But all in all incidents affect our life in some way or the other.

The story is about Venkat, a mathematician from IIT Kanpur who is working as computer programmer for Gooogle, the internet powerhouse that has become the face of entire world wide web. Venkat believes that there is a reason behind the incidents that happened in his life and starts on a journey to find that reason.

What was supposed to be small trip of sorts soon unravels into a mind-boggling journey of a world or science that had never been explored by many before.
Prologue
Why is this damn thing not working when I need it the most. Everything thats happening today is completely messed up. May be, I was supposed to go through this bad day. This mantra thing is becoming a real pain in my butt. The door opens and Alex enters into the room. Alex is Venkat's manager at google.

“Hey Venkat! I hope its done”.
Venkat stutters a bit and says, “Well its almost complete” .
“Good! your Gooogle Mantra is going to be a sure hit among the masses”.
“Yeah but i have to get this bug fixed first. Its killing me”.
“May be I can help. Let me have a look .”
Both go through the code and Alex smiles and looks at Venkat. Its turns out be a very silly mistake. Both of them have a laugh about it and Alex leaves the room. Venkat falls back in his chair and starts thinking.
"I knew this had to happen today. But thank god i can go home and get some rest now. Lets hope there are no more incidents while driving. I never saw this coming but hope theres no more of it. I hope I don't spent my entire life sitting in front of this stupid box and keep doing the same thing to earn my daily bread.”

After few days Gooogle Mantra is released and once again the world looks to be becoming more smaller day by day. Thanks to Gooogle for their effort, today they hold the baton of making world a smaller place.

5 comments:

Sundar said...

“a person forgetting his wallet” or a “programmer finding a solution for his problem in google” ....ur real life examples????

the intro for the story is pretty intriguing....and what is the URL to access Gooogle Matra?

very gud way of writing....very philosophical also....keep me updated of the story :)

Lakshminarayan said...

thanx sundar

Saibaba Upputuri said...

Its a cool starting and seems to be interesting.

I feel the incident venkat had in the first part of this story, might be a common incident in every one's life.

Is your story going to be a Sci-Fi and is all about google mantra & its revolutions? is Venkat going to predict his future incidents & solutions through Google Mantra and so it is for everyone?

I will wait to read the next part!!! :)

Lakshminarayan said...

@all

Thanx all. i will do my best to make it interesting. The story is mostly thriller

Ajay Ravichandran said...

nice way to start the story with a narration, I like this style...but Laxmi ,seriously, manager suggesting a solution to a software engineer...r u sure?? :-D...also I was thinking of a comment for the prologue part...but I cannot comment unless I read the First chapter of the story so I'll reserve comment till you publish the first chapter...and please dont ened it with just 4 chapters :-D