Friday, December 29, 2006

CH 4: Choice

Words sounded aloud when the wise man said that I had already made the decision about where my journey was going to take me. With that in mind I opened the door in front of me.

A gush of electricity flew into my veins. 'We have a breath' shouted a man. 'He is moving', said someone. I heard the beeping sound of the machine and from there on it was a long road to recovery. Lots of friends asked me how those days were and all I would ever say to them was that 'it felt like eternity'. Some would laugh, some would show their concern and some would shout at me but everyone knew that i was in coma.

Days went by and I grew stronger. Slowly then i started to speak about the events that occurred while I was in coma. Doctors came up with reasons as to it being nothing more than a dream. But I was convinced about the events and could vividly recollect the feeling of being free from everything while in front of that table. I wondered many times if this is the moment that I am being watched by the wise man and will I make the choice of meeting him again but then as wise man said if I wondered then i am not being watched by him. So slowly even those thoughts left my mind.


Many questions remained unanswered. What happened to the guy who was talking to me at the table? What would it be like to be a part of eternity? What choice did others make in that room? Will i ever be able to find answers to these questions? I don't know. But all i know is that, I was given a chance to choose and my choice is there for everybody to see. I could never leave her or mom alone in this world and thats when I made the choice that I had to come back no matter what.

3 comments:

Lakshminarayan said...

@readers

Readers please feel free to comment just about anything on the story. not commenting will break my heart. ur comments are invaluable to me.

Sundar said...

nice ending.... i liked the second paragraph very much....it brought a feeling like i am watching a movie....
i really like the way u unveil the mysteries.... good going....waiting for the director's story....

Saibaba Upputuri said...

Heyy Lucky!

Good creativity! looking forward to see different category of stories. This is really a time passing & fun filled zone and in your words AWESOME!

You sent me the link after you completed 4 chapters. So all the chapters are linked so no comments to post.