Wednesday, December 13, 2006

CH 1: Table of Freedom

What if I am not able to see her again? What if mom never understands what happened to me? Why am i so scared? So beautiful is the smell of green. So fresh is the air around me. Ah is this the end?

Sitting there i felt a sense of freedom within me. No questions thought of and no answers sought after. I was just flowing with time. I was in a state where I couldn't distinguish between emptiness of or satisfaction in my mind. Such was the freedom from thoughts which I was feeling moments ago.

'Join us bro' came a sound as a man neared me. I had never met him before. Hi How r u? replied me (this is the standard question i asked everyone). 'Doing good bro. You are doing much better than rest of us'. I turned around to see seven more in the room. Then i snaped back wondering where am i? Last thing i remember was driving in I-95. 'Gotcha didn't i?' sounded the voice again. Funny normally i would be bit scared seeing so many new faces around me, confused i would be as to how to respond to everyone, but such feelings where just not there, not in front of this table. I asked him 'Mate who r u and where am i?'. He said 'Thats exactly what i want to know? I remember myself sitting on the mountain top with bullet in stomach looking at beautiful Africa and here i am now sitting besides you in fornt of this table. Slowly the conversation grew and i explained what happened to me at I-95.

There was lots of murmur going in the room when a tall man with white beard entered into the room. He could easily make it to the wise man charactor of a book like 'Harry Potter' or 'Lord of the rings'. 'Its enough' shouted the man. 'I heard what you were thinking' (looking at me). I just thought to myself whether i said that comment or was i just thinking and did he just say that he could hear my thoughts.

'Welcome to the Table of freedom' said the wise man. You guys are here because you all wanted to be here, you all have wished for the same thing which brings you here. We all looked at one another (this is moment which should have confused the hell out of everyone yet no-one was confused). I was missing something inside me but did not know what was that nor did I want to.

Person i was speaking to earlier said, 'Yah! but where are we?'. You are within yourself, you are with time said the wise. Probably Albert Einstein could have made sense of what he was telling but for us it was again that state of emptiness or satisfaction.

9 comments:

Lakshminarayan said...

chapter 2 to come soon. and pardon my grammatical mistakes.

Sundar said...

rayan...thaarumaar thayir soru.... soon i will meet u to get ur autograph....

i culd get a feeling of reading a real novel..... kalkkunga.... keep writing...and tell wat happened to u in I-95

Ajay Ravichandran said...

ahaaaaaa..laxmi...orrey Quentin Tarantino rangeku irrukaey...but seriously, pretty good write, got some suspense, nice way to start...yeah maybe if grammar improves a bit, you could publish it :-)

Lakshminarayan said...

@sundar

Thanks for the comments. I-95 la poi bought a new GPS. after that came back and wrote this blog :D

Lakshminarayan said...

@aj

AJ.. who is this Quentin Tarantino? and sorry for this grammer of mine but will try to improve it for sure

Anonymous said...

dude,

the starting reminded me of alchemist / matrix. But good one man, it created a great suspense! awaiting to read the next one?

Lakshminarayan said...

@balaji

Mapilz a real close one. Yah after reading it i also felt it like that mainly becoz of the way its contents are
written

Sasi said...

Awesome Mann !
Kalakkara !
Suspense-a aarambichurukka !
Can't help asking / breaking the suspense you have, but are you guys <(the 7 and you = 8) in the table of Freedom> all Dead or something ? Is that Old man some one similar to God or something ?

Lakshminarayan said...

@sasi

Sorry sasi for the late reply. i guess the number of people is 9.