Friday, December 15, 2006

CH 2: Wish

Early morning was pretty cold in Darjeeling. Had a long day ahead. We had to see many places, for after two days it was back to the hurry burry life in Chennai. Mum dressed me up quickly, I was the first person to get dressed and be set for the day ahead. It was a morning full of enthusiasm. I was jumping on the cot doing my best to mess up the room. My brother started shouting coz I was jumping on his new pants on the cot. Papa also shouted hearing the noise in the room. I got scared and ran to the balcony and sat on the old chair.

Thats when I saw the view that I will never forget for rest of my life. A big fire ball emerged from behind the mountains. Sun was looking the biggest that I have ever seen in my life. Rays of sun allayed my body which was shivering because of the cold himalayan winds. It filled me up with warmth when the first rays of the morning fell on me. I felt such peace inside me. All the excitement and enthusiasm about the trip was gone and I felt big calm in me at that moment.

My thoughts started to diverge from the fun filled trip of Darjeeling to my grandpa and grandma. They used to be around me all the time and then suddenly one day they left me. Whenever I asked my mum about them she used to reply that they have gone to a trip in the sky and used to point to the sky at the most shining star and say there they are.

During the days when grandpa and grandma were here with me their stories used to calm me to a good night and peaceful sleep. Since sun had filled me up with same warmth and peace I knew that they were there. Situation reminded me of What my dad used to say, 'Son everyone one day has to make journey to the stars'.

At that time with complete peace in my mind I whispered 'I want to be there where you guys are and want to be like you'. Then suddenly my mom came rushing and pulled me from the chair saying we are late.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat, Drink and Make Merry ...for Tommrrow we may die.

Lakshminarayan said...

@anonymous

hurray

Anonymous said...

This one seems better than the previous one. no confusion as it was in the previous one. i think u r more relaxed now.
i wud like to c more stories with innocence, childlike and playful than those of grown up, mystery and thriller kinda things.

Ajay Ravichandran said...

awesome story line...definitely like this style of story as compared to previous one...reminds me of malgudi days

Lakshminarayan said...

thanks for the comments people I got mixed reviews on the style of writing. the first one was supposed to be incomplete to create little bit of mystery or confusion and second chapter was supposed to be a narrative of a small body who uses words like mum papa grandma and granfather.

These things are definitely connected to one theme which i will be telling in next story

Lakshminarayan said...

@TO ALL


AND THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR UR COMMENTS.

Sundar said...

i understood it now..... so the story is going as i guessed.....